Spokane Shock Press Release

SPOKANE, Wash. – The Spokane Shock (6-10) defeated the Portland Thunder (4-12) by a final score of 42-40 in front of 8,357 fans Saturday night at Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena in Week 18 Arena Football League regular season action.

Portland jumped out to a 13-point lead as Kyle Rowley connected with receivers Jared Perry and V’Keon Lacey for touchdown passes. Thunder defensive back Dwight McLean recorded an interception on Spokane’s opening possession, allowing Portland to hold the Shock scoreless in the first quarter of play.

Shock fullback Bryson Kelly bullied his way into the end zone from six-yards out to bring the game back within one score at 13-7 early in the second quarter. The two teams would go on to trade scores before the end of the half. Portland fullback John Martinez scored on a four-yard run before Spokane would fumble on their ensuing possession, setting the Thunder up with a short field on the Spokane seven-yard line. After the Shock defense dug in and held Portland to a turnover on downs in the red zone, Spokane found the end zone once more before the end of the half on a 13-yard touchdown pass from Nelson toNick Truesdell, leaving Spokane trailing 14-20.

Spokane would go on to score 18 unanswered points in the third quarter, holding the Thunder to two consecutive turnovers on downs. All three third-quarter touchdowns by the Shock would come on the ground as quarterback Arvell Nelson recorded two touchdowns and Bryson Kelly added another. Spokane would take their first lead of the game at the 6:26 mark and close out the third quarter leading 32-20.

The final quarter of play opened with each team throwing interceptions in the red zone. After the Thunder regained possession, Rowley connected with Martinez for a nine-yard score before Spokane would respond with a 20-yard touchdown pass from Nelson to receiver Anthony Amos. On the ensuing kickoff, Portland receiver Duane Brooks recorded his seventh kick return of the season for a score. Shock kicker Taylor Rowan, who struggled on his PATs on the night, converted on a 20-yard field goal with just under one-minute to play in the contest to push the Shock lead to 42-34. Portland would find the end zone once more on the night as Rowley connected with Perry for a 25-yard touchdown with 29 seconds left on the clock. The Thunder would go for the two-point conversion and the tie, but after a false start penalty backed them up on their attempt they would fail to convert. After the onside kick attempt was recovered by the Shock, Spokane would go on to run out the clock and seal the 42-40 win.

Portland quarterback Kyle Rowley completed 24-of-38 pass attempts for 241 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. V’Keon Lacy led the Thunder receiving effort with seven receptions for 65 yards and one score while Jared Perry added six reception for 86 yards and two touchdowns. Defensive backs Dwight McLean and De’Mon Glanton each recorded interceptions. Defensive lineman Frank Trotter and Adrian Hamilton each recorded one sack.

Shock quarterback Arvell Nelson completed 20-of-31 pass attempts for 177 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions, and two rushing scores on the night. Fullback Bryson Kelly added ten carries for 36 yards and two scores. The Shock receiving effort was led by Nick Truesdell who hauled in nine reception for 69 yards and one touchdown. Defensive back Mike McMillen recorded one interception.

19 thoughts on “Shock Pull Out With 42-40 Win Over Portland”

  1. Pingback: glock 19
  2. Pingback: pic 5678
  3. Pingback: DevOps Tools
  4. Pingback: Gelato Strain
  5. Pingback: CI CD
  6. Pingback: mơ chiến tranh
  7. Pingback: rolex replica
  8. Pingback: 메이저놀이터